International Student & Scholar Services

Roger Williams University's International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) supports students and scholars studying in the United States under an F-1 or J-1 visa. In addition, our services are welcome to students with U.S. citizenship who self-identify as international. Current international students and incoming international students are encouraged to use this page to navigate services available to international students at RWU. This webpage is designed to support undergraduate, graduate, and law students at RWU, as well as visiting scholars.

Image of passport sitting on map

Entering the United States

Receiving your visa and entering the United States can be a stressful process, but ISSS is here to assist you with the process and refer you to the proper resources in the country you are coming from.

Read More: Incoming Students

F & J Immigration Support

As an international student, there are many important considerations to maintain your status as F-1 students or J-1 scholars. Visit this webpage to view essential resources for staying in compliance with U.S. customs and immigration requirements.

Information for F-1 and J-1 Students
Three students sit at a table sharing resources for international students

International Student Support

We are excited to welcome you to our campus! Our office is pleased to offer many support services available specifically for all international students. Unlike other resources on the ISSS webpage, the services presented on this page are not exclusive to F-1 students and J-1 scholars. Read on to learn about our International Ambassador first-year peer mentor, the Global Hawks international club, and much more.

Support for International Students at RWU
Exterior of RWU School of Law

Resources for Graduate and Law Students

The links and resources on this webpage are intended for all international students and scholars at Roger Williams University. However, there are special considerations for graduate and law students and scholars studying with an F-1 or J-1 visa.

F-1 & J-1 Law and Graduate Resources
A student shakes hands with an employer

On & Off Campus Work & Volunteer Opportunities

While it is true that international students on F-1 or J-1 visas are generally not permitted to work in the United States, there are many opportunities to find work and receive employment authorization to work legally. Explore the following links to learn more about opportunities available to you.

A student and faculty member sit across from one another at a table talking

Resources for Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff are encouraged to use this page as a resource for working with international students. Faculty advisors in particular will find the information presented here useful when advising F-1 & J-1 international students

Faculty and Staff Considerations for Intl Students

Office Location:

University Library, Room 209

On the second floor, turn right at the Center for Student Academic Support front desk.


Ryan Monahan

Senior Advisor, International Student and Scholar Services

+1 (401) 254-3400

Please email with any inquiries.