Health Services Administration
This professional certificate, which can be a stepping stone toward the Bachelor's in Health Care Administration or a way to transition to a new career, gives you the skills to plan, direct, and coordinate medical services. You will learn about topics like the public health system, moral dilemmas in health care, leadership, and financial management.
At UC, You Can
Whether you've been working in the medical field for several years or are just starting out, a professional certificate in Health Services Administration will help you meet your goals. Perhaps you'd like to get a bachelor's degree in the future, or maybe you already have your degree but want to shift your career path? This certificate opens up doors to effectively run health care facilities, a growing career path with high earning potential.
Enrollment in a degree program is not required for enrollment in the certificate program. However, students interested in pursuing a degree may apply the credits earned through this certificate program to selected baccalaureate degree programs.
Foundations of Social and Health Services
Introduction to Public Health
Moral & Ethical Issues in Health Care
5 required courses = 15 credits
You may take advantage of our prior learning assessment, applying transfer credit, trainings and assessments, military experience, work experience, and self-taught skills toward your certificate.
How You'll Get There
At UC, we support you on your individual path. Whether you are just starting out or picking up where you left off, we work with you to accomplish your goals. As you work with our faculty, each respected in their field, you'll build lasting connections that open doors to your success.
"I help students understand what they need to know to work with people in the field."
Nancy Kubic, MSW, LICSW, UC Adjunct Professor and psychotherapist at Psychological Wellness Center
More:'Knowledge is power,' says UC Adjunct Nancy Kubic, MSW, LICSW
An Expert Advisor
All matriculating students are assigned a on-on-one advisor, who is both an adjunct professor and an expert in their field.
Flexible Options to Suit Your Schedule
These professional certificate courses are offered online for your convenience. Take them at the pace that works for you, working with your advisor to match your schedule with your goals. Though your learning takes place online, you will have many opportunities to chat with instructors and staff one-on-one. You'll talk to real people, not just a computer screen.
Individualized Support, More Affordable
At University College, you get the individualized attention of a private university at a more affordable cost. There are multiple options for financial aid, scholarships, and accelerated paths to get you to the degree you need. Some programs run by Roger Williams are awarded by simply applying for admission, while others are awarded to students through a more formal aid application process.
To ensure full consideration for all aid programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Tuition Costs & Fees: A valuable education you can afford
- Financing Your Education: Filling out the FAFSA
- Do You Live in Central Falls, Cranston, East Providence, Foster, Glocester or Pawtucket? Ask about RWU's lower-cost tuition agreements for residents of these communities.
- Military: We can help you navigate the application process for tuition assistance, GI Bill benefits, and other tuition benefits, which include waived application fee and discounted tuition rates for service members and spouses, as well as financial aid.
- Employers & Municipalities: Many employers, including municipalities, will reimburse tuition costs. Ask your HR team for details about your benefits.
- Unemployed or Underemployed? You may be eligible for state assistance and support to obtain a microcredential in a UC certificate program, funded by the R.I. Dept. of Labor and Training. Ask your DLT case manager.
Questions? Meet Josselyn
Everyone has questions.
Our Pathway Specialist, Josselyn Velasquez-Florian, is here to help. Call her at (401) 254-4807 or email email@example.com