This professional certificate gives you the management, research, writing, and speaking skills to communicate effectively in your current or future position. Be the communicator your organization needs, or give your resume a boost and set yourself apart from other candidates in your job search.
At UC, You Can
Whether you want to make a career change, advance in your career, or simply want to improve your professional communication skills, we can help you meet your goals. This flexible certificate could stand alone or be embedded into a bachelor's degree, equipping you for any number of positions within an organization. You will learn skills like image management, crisis communication, advertising, public relations and new media/communication technologies.
Introduction to Persuasive Techniques
Digital and Social Media
Communication in Organizations
5 courses = 15 credits
How You'll Get There
At UC, we support you on your individual path. Whether you are just starting out or picking up where you left off, we work with you to accomplish your goals. As you work with our faculty, each respected in their field, you'll build lasting connections that open doors to your success.
You may take advantage of our prior learning assessment, applying transfer credit, trainings and assessments, military experience, work experience, and self-taught skills toward your certificate.
An Expert Advisor
All matriculating students are assigned a on-on-one advisor, who is both an adjunct professor and an expert in their field.
Flexible, Online Schedule
These professional certificate courses are offered online for your convenience. Take them at the pace that works for you, working with your advisor to match your schedule with your goals.
Individualized Support, More Affordable
At University College, you get the individualized attention of a private university at a more affordable cost. There are multiple options for financial aid, scholarships, and accelerated paths to get you to the degree you need. Some programs run by Roger Williams are awarded by simply applying for admission, while others are awarded to students through a more formal aid application process.
To ensure full consideration for all aid programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Tuition Costs & Fees: A valuable education you can afford
- Financing Your Education: Filling out the FAFSA
- Do You Live in Central Falls, Cranston or Pawtucket? Ask about RWU's lower-cost tuition agreements for residents of these communities.
- Military: We can help you navigate the application process for tuition assistance, GI Bill benefits, and other tuition benefits, which include waived application fee and discounted tuition rates for service members and spouses, as well as financial aid.
- Employers & Municipalities: Many employers, including municipalities, will reimburse tuition costs. Ask your HR team for details about your benefits.
- Unemployed or Underemployed? You may be eligible for state assistance and support to obtain a microcredential in a UC certificate program, funded by the R.I. Dept. of Labor and Training. Ask your DLT case manager.
Questions? Meet Josselyn
Everyone has questions.
Our Pathway Specialist, Josselyn Velasquez-Florian, is here to help. Call her at (401) 254-4807 or email email@example.com