Starting with Hydroponics
Whether you want to develop an urban garden on your rooftop or balcony, vertically grow herbs and flowering plants in your home, or provide alternative healthy food systems, economies and choices to your communities, this hydroponic course will provide you with the strategies and tactics to succeed with your hydroponic system.
Hydroponics, the art and science of growing plants in water instead of soil, is more ever-present today as families, schools and communities face disrupted food systems, food insecurities, rising food costs and deteriorating food quality. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in growing fresh, sustainable, environmentally friendly plants, vegetables and flowers on a small scale, anywhere, all year round -- even during inclement weather seasons. Through in class and hands on learning, this class aims to introduce you to affordable, manageable and sustainable hydroponics systems and the plant science behind it.
This course would be great for if you:
- Want to try growing your own produce.
- Have a home garden and are interested in growing produce year-round.
- Have a small-scale business or restaurant and want to make some of your own food or herbs.
- Are a teacher who is interested in incorporating hydroponics into your classroom.
This will be an online course with virtual class meetings each week.
Start Date: July 13, 2020, a 12-week course
Participants will need a hydroponics grow system. This can happen one of three ways:
- Rent a Green Machine™ directly from Acopia Harvest
- Purchase a Green Machine™ directly from Acopia Harvest (rent to own available)
- Build Your Own with Everyday Household Products
Have questions about this program? Fill out our request information form and a member of our enrollment team will be in touch.