Racial Justice Pedagogy
The Racial Justice Pedagogy Program is a community of practice that provides educators a space to develop anti-racist teaching practices in their classrooms. Through a series of workshops and post-workshop activities, participants will receive mentorship and support from peers and facilitators to help them work on unlearning bias, address racism in their teaching, and develop effective ideas and strategies for interrupting racial inequities in formal education.
Throughout the Racial Justice Pedagogy Program, instructors will:
- Work together as a community of practice to mentor and learn from each other.
- Complete substantial reading that will build their knowledge base about racism, anti-racist practices, and justice-centered pedagogies.
- Engage in self-reflection and knowledge-building regarding anti-racist ways of being.
- Examine best practices literature to better enable them to create more anti-racist pedagogical practices and course content.
- Develop interventions in pedagogy, curriculum, and teaching practices that challenge existing inequities in our classrooms.
- Implement these practices in one or more of their classes, subjects, or lessons.
- Participate in post-workshop share outs to report out on challenges and successes of their implementations.
The Racial Justice Pedagogy Program is designed for instructors, including K-12 teachers, adjuncts in higher education, and faculty from community colleges through graduate schools. It is available for groups of educators to participate in a cohort style.
The Racial Justice Pedagogy program is currently offered online but may offered in person in the future if conditions allow.
The program is approximately 10 weeks long but the exact schedule can be developed in collaboration with the cohort coordinating the program. It will include 20 contact hours with 15 hours of workshop, 5 hours (depending on size of cohort) of post-workshop share outs, and time spent reviewing peer video presentations of intervention strategies.
The price on this program depends on the size of the cohort:
- $5,500 groups of 5-10;
- $6,500 groups of 11-15;
- $7,500 groups of 16-25
Have questions about this program? Fill out our request information form and a member of our enrollment team will be in touch.