Multilingual Learner Endorsement (MLL) pathway
The Multilingual Learner Endorsement (MLL) pathway at University College is job-embedded and competency-based. Educators progress through a series of learning experiences, meetings, online modules, and classroom-embedded practica throughout the school year, in which they will develop and demonstrate mastery of the four MLL Endorsement Competencies.
The components of the MLL endorsement pathway at University College have been derived from existing structures within the RIDE approved RWU ESL certification program.
- The program runs from September to May.
- Educators earning the MLL endorsement at RWU may apply to enroll in the ESL certification program to continue their studies for a 2nd year.
- If accepted into the ESL Certification Program, educators who have previously completed the MLL endorsement may apply pre-determined transferable experiences that are replicated in the ESL teacher certification program.
- Educators will not need to repeat the pre-determined transferable experiences once enrolled in the full certificate program.
- Educators who complete the MLL endorsement at RWU who enroll in the ESL certification program, will receive an ESL certification program tuition credit based on the amount paid toward their MLL endorsement pathway.
Want to learn more? Request information using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.