The Hydroponics industry, currently estimated at USD 8.1 billion, is projected to double by 2025*. This Commercial Hydroponics course will provide you with the practical knowledge, strategies and tactics to succeed in this high demand and growth industry, and provide a sustainable food source for your community.
A commercial-scale hydroponic operation can produce food all year round in any climate and can do it in urban environments - right near the point of consumption.
That means that produce that is harvested today can be delivered today. This guaranties freshness, quality and consistency for the consumer but also reduces carbon emissions associated with the standard supply chain.
The course will begin with a foundation in plant science and then moves through topics such as the capital and physical needs for a sustainable operation, how to develop distribution networks, and finally participants craft a business model that will flourish. Over the 12-week course, you will learn strategies and techniques for running an efficient commercial hydroponic operation or for growing enough food to support multiple families or communities.
This course is designed for:
- Growers, producers, and distributors who want to scale their hydroponic operation up to support commercial production.
- Traditional, outdoor commercial growers who are looking to expand their market reach by adding hydroponics to their operation.
- Entrepreneurs looking for a new, sustainable business opportunity.
- Restauranteurs interested in growing their own produce, year-round.
- Leaders in the food industry who want to secure and offer, locally sourced, farm to table consistent high quality, produce year round.
- Community leaders who want to address food scarcity.
This 12-week course will include two, two-hour online course meetings per week. Participants will have additional assignments and readings to help develop their system.
Start Date: July 13, 2020
End Date: Sept. 28, 2020
Participants will need a hydroponics grow system by week 2. This can happen one of three ways:
- Rent a Green Machine™ directly from Acopia Harvest.
- Purchase a Green Machine™ directly from Acopia Harvest (rent to own available).
- Build Your Own with recommendations from Acopia Harvest as part of the initial learning plans.
Have questions about this program? Fill out our request information form and a member of our enrollment team will be in touch.