Corporate and Community Partnership Training
University's College's Center for Workforce & Professional Development (CWPD) partners with businesses and organizations to develop custom training and education programs that prepare your workforce and leadership team to drive growth and scale success.
We provide custom courses that are contextualized and targeted to meet your business needs in this ever-changing, complex, technologically driven business world. Our staff works as an extension of your human resources departments to assist in meeting your professional development and educational goals. Our programs are flexible, industry-driven, and can be delivered online, in-person at your location or on our Providence campus. They can also be a hybrid service delivery model, depending on your needs.
We can offer customized professional development and education in the following areas:
- Maximizing the talent of your incumbent workers
- Developing a pipeline of potential talent to fill a new position
- Onboarding new employees
- Teaching a new skill, competency or technology
- Providing leadership development for the middle management in your organization (supervisors and directors)
- Providing training on critical management issues to develop the capacity of senior executives
- Coaching at all levels of the business or organization
Regardless of your educational goals, we design our custom training or education programs to be competency-based, incorporating pre-and post-assessments to capture impact around your learning goals. We work diligently to ensure that our programs are responsive to enterprise needs by aligning the appropriate expert or practitioner for your industry or competency area. Our staff and faculty develop a contextualized curriculum that is culturally relevant, and we have some faculty who are able to deliver programs in Spanish.
CVS Executive Learning Series for Diverse SuppliersClick to Open
The purpose of this training series is to educate and develop personal and professional relationships within the diverse supplier and partnership environment. Business owners and executives will be able to learn and educate themselves on the values and competencies held by CVS Health. We believe this training will give business executives the knowledge, skills and abilities to flourish within their industry. We are requesting submissions from diverse suppliers who are looking for an opportunity to showcase their company and who wish to develop a relationship with a Fortune company.
The curriculum for this hybrid online and in-person flexible executive training program was established based on the following: CVS Health's direct mission, vision and core values support educating the diversity supplier community, with an aim of increasing the success of the diversity-based businesses; Feedback is given to CVS Health from selected national diversity chamber and council leaders regarding the mission and values of a diverse business.
The chosen national diversity leaders include several advocacy groups. Feedback is given by previous students who have completed and been successful with Roger Williams University Center for Workforce & Professional Development executive and administrative series training programs.
The curriculum of the CVS Health Executive Learning Series will address the following topics:
- Company Financing & RFPs
- Leadership, Management & Business Innovation
- Human Resources & Communications
You will also have the opportunity to engage in Individualized Executive Coaching with one of your instructors between July and November on a business need that you identify. Additionally, suppliers will benefit from an initial coaching session with a member of the CVS Health Procurement team.
NRI Career Academy - Connecting for Children & FamiliesClick to Open
Led by Connecting for Children & Families (CCF) and supporting training providers like the CWPD, the Northern Rhode Island Career Academy (NRI Career Academy) meets industry-defined needs for qualified candidates for entry level jobs in banks, credit unions, insurance, call centers and bookkeeping/accounting. Through the completion of the program, students will receive a stackable certificate for each module.
This program covers different topics in the workforce such as:
- Customer Service
- Industry Basics
- Soft Skills
- Call Center
For more information, please contact Cynthia Lawlor from Connecting for Children & Families at 401.766.3384 ext. 225 or email@example.com.
Generations - Medication Aide ProgramClick to Open
Generations and the RWU UC Center for Workforce & Professional Development offers a Certified Medication Technician (CMT) Training, licensed by the RI Department of Health. CNAs holding a current RI state license have the opportunity to obtain their medical administration certification over a period of fifteen (15) weeks, an accelerated eight (8)-week course or a two (2) week daytime class, depending on availability. This program is licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Health and meets all necessary requirements and guidelines. Generations and Roger Williams University UC reserve the right to cancel any classes, at any time and for any reason, including due to low enrollment.
Professional Development Training & WorkshopsClick to Open
RWU's CWPD collaborates with state and town employees as well as small businesses and districts by hosting non-credit courses and workshops. The CWPD can offer a wide array of workshops tailored to each organization and partner's needs.
Previous topics the CWPD has offered include:
- Cybercrimes, Security & Social Media
- Thriving in a Multi-Generational Workforce
- Disciplined Equity: Building the Bridge for All to Cross
- Customer Service
West Elmwood Housing Development CorporationClick to Open
The training program will help small construction businesses gain critical management skills allowing them to increase their capacity, business acumen and growth potential.
Key focus areas of the program include:
- Client Management: Learn how to better negotiate contracts and develop key relationships to sustain and improve your business; Manage client and vendor expectation and needs using the latest software tools.
- Business Development: Develop a plan for your business and a strategy to market and promote your business. Develop networking skills to help build your contacts and awareness.
- Business Administration: Gain valuable skills that will equip you to manage key activities such as invoicing, accounting, payroll, contract management, insurance and bonding and negotiation to help your business capacity.
- Project Management: Learn how to plan for your resources and bid on jobs so that you can increase your capacity and win more bids! Legal and Contract Management: Become more skilled at reading and negotiating contracts to better your business.
- Mentorship: Gain guidance from Key Large construction companies. Learn how to leverage best practices from industry experts to success. Build lasting building relationships with other successful companies in the construction field.
Microsoft Office Specialist (RIBEST dual-instructor model)Click to Open
This program uses a co-teaching model in partnership with Providence Public Library, utilizing an ESL instructor as well as a technology/IT instructor.
Microsoft Office Specialist certification provides industry-leading assessments of skills and knowledge, giving students and professionals real-world exercises to appraise their understanding of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office Specialists have universal skills necessary for individuals to stand out and compete in the workforce. Holding an MOS certification can earn an entry level employee as much as $16,000 more in annual salary than un-certified peers. This exam guarantees that every certified user has demonstrated the ability to command the full features and functionality of Microsoft Office, preparing them for future academic or workforce opportunities.
National Elevator Industry Educational Program (NEIEP)Click to Open
The CWPD in partnership with NEIEP have developed a comprehensive program consisting of non-credit courses and workshops specifically for elevator construction instructors. The program training institute is geared to improve their teaching ability for their apprentices and mechanics, not only for their benefit, but for the benefit of their employer and the industry.
Learn more about how the Center for Workforce & Professional Development (CWPD) can support your workforce needs at 401-254-3840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.