RWU Spring 2022 COVID Testing Data
Three testing methods are utilized this spring.
- Pooled Testing - PCR lab test with the Broad Institute where up to ten swabs are tested as a group. A positive pooled test means generally that one (or possibly more) swabs in the group tested positive, prompting follow-up individual testing of all within that group.
- Rapid Antigen Tests - RWU is using the Abbott BINAXNow antigen test (and others based on supplies) throughout the semester for a more immediate result within 15 minutes.
- Individual PCR - One individual receives a PCR lab test with the Broad Institute, to identify with high specificity the presence of COVID. This test will be used for symptomatic student testing, or other circumstances when we need to test at the individual level rather than pools testing.
- Individuals that test positive may appear across multiple testing methods (e.g., a positive pool will have one or more associated positive rapid test results). Use data to right to see the overall positive rate by person rather than by testing.
- This does board reflects only our campus-based testing program and does not reflect any at-home and off-site testing done by the community.