Last Updated: 1/22/2021
Take-Out Service Only Through at Least February 8
To assess the status of the virus among returning community members, from move in through at least February 8 students should plan on take out only at all dining locations.
To accommodate our residential meal plan students while reducing density, we have the following plan for the Bristol campus in place:
- Residential dining areas on the main campus will place emphasis on “take-out” service.
- Dining is currently investigating crowd mitigation approaches including assigning living areas to one of the three residential dining areas on a rotating schedule and/or ticketed reservation through an app with a bar code.
- All residential and retail settings will provide contactless meal plan validation or purchase payment as standard operating procedure at points of sale/entrance.
- Upper Commons and Baypoint Dining residential facilities will transition from self-service to mainly line service provided by dining employees. Additional plexiglass shields will be installed throughout.
- Baypoint seating will be expanded into adjacent common areas and spaced out to provide social distancing.
- Lower Commons on the main campus will be converted to residential mobile app pre-order and pick- up service for lunch and dinner and then convert back to retail purchases after 8:30 in the evening.
- The School of Law facility, The Law School Cafe, will be reserved for RWU Law students and other Bristol students for lunch. The Law School Cafe will also offer dinner service to on-campus students. Appropriate seating capacity for the dining room will be posted.
- Employees may use the mobile-takeout service from Lower Commons or the Bistro/Law School Cafe in the School of Law; employees may bring food back to their offices or dine outdoors, but not under the Quad tent.
Our Dining Reopening plan includes extensive employee training with a focus on personal health screening, workplace safety, facility management and cleaning procedures, mask and glove wearing, and COVID-19 operating appropriate production and handling standards. Regular scheduled temperature checks of employees by managers during shifts and frequent COVID-19 testing will be integral to our virus mitigation planning.
Each residential and retail facility will have clear directional flow plans and signage to minimize contacts.
Reopening Roger | Covid-19 Pledge | Health & Safety Protocols | Screen, Test and Trace | Learning | Working | Dining | Living | Athletics and Fitness | Meetings and Events | Shuttle Service | FAQ | Report Noncompliance | Updates