Upcoming Service Opportunities
Contact information is included with each listing.
Other Questions? Contact the Feinstein Center at email@example.com
Community Connections Coordinator
The Feinstein Center is hiring 2 student coordinators for summer 2019 to plan the annual Community Connections program. Compensation includes on-campus housing, payroll, and a Hassenfeld Student Fellow scholarship. Complete job description and application details can be found HERE.
Emergency Preparedness Intern
Spring 2018, Newport Hospital (accessible by RIPTA)
Responsible for assisting in maintaining the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) as required by the RI DOH by reviewing emergency response procedures and proposing alterations based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
· Keep informed of federal, state and local regulations affecting emergency plans, and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations
· Facilitate information gathering to confirm information contained in various sections of the planning documentation remains current
· Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation
· Assists in formulating/altering emergency management policies and procedures related to the functioning of emergency services during emergencies.
Qualifications (including but not limited to):
· Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook required
· Ability to learn other software programs
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Contact: Lisa J. Coble, Director of Volunteer Services and Community Outreach, Newport Hospital at (401) 845-1635 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquidneck Island 10K
Volunteers needed for the first ever Aquidneck Island 10K! A percentage of registration proceeds will benefit Norman Bird Sanctuary!
They are organizing the first 10K on Aquidneck Island (AQ10K) and have partnered with NBS, donating a percentage of registration $$ to NBS.
The schedule and required # of volunteers needed:
Saturday, March 23rd
Place: Ragged Island Brewery Portsmouth
11:30am - 2pm
5 or 6 volunteers needed at Bib Pick-up for pre-registrants – hand out bibs and shirts.
Sunday, March 24th, Race Day
Place: 2nd Beach, Middletown
7:30am – 12:00pm
8 - 10 volunteers to do the same thing as on the 23rd (7:30am – 9:30am). These volunteers then move to the finish line from 9:30 – 12:00 to hand out water.
9:30am – 12:00pm
8 - 10 volunteers needed to hand out water on the course. 5 volunteers needed to direct runners on the course.
Email Lesley R. Muir here for more information!
Sharing the Harvest Community Farm
As of March 1st, the volunteer hours at Sharing the Harvest will be:
Tuesday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Where: YMCA South Coast at 128 Union Street, Suite 304, New Bedford, MA
Contact: Visit here.
Eastern Trek for Cancer
Join the 300-mile relay run June 2019 and support those affected by cancer. Leave your footprint on the route between Portland, ME and New York, NY, visit cancer centers & hospitality homes, and award scholarships with a team of young adults across New England. Secure your spot today and to be part of the Eastern Trek for Cancer experience. Learn more and apply atwww.chrisbfund.org/easterntrek
Providence Fight for Air Stair Climb
Help make an impact for those affected by lung disease. Join others at the Providence Fight for Air stair climb at the Omni Providence Hotel on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Join classmates and friends for a day of volunteering! Help is needed at the climb from 8am- 1pm.
Community Service Work Study
If you have a work study award, you can work at a local non-profit.
Email email@example.com or stop by the farmhouse across from lower commons if you have any questions!