Business Partnerships Center
The Business Partnerships Center provides the business community of Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts with access to the student, faculty, and staff resources of Roger Williams University. The Center promotes and supports business expansion, development and entrepreneurship in the area while providing meaningful experiential, project-based learning opportunities for RWU students across a multitude of disciplines and majors. The Center also provides fee-based programming through affordable and directly relevant seminars and workshops – customized to meet the needs of business organizations in our area.
Facilitates the success and expansion of the region’s small- and minority-owned businesses by offering:
- Faculty-supervised, enterprise-specific student research projects and consulting services to address the firm’s need for marketing, management, finance, accounting, operations management and planning services.
- Access to paid and unpaid student interns, work-study students, and cooperative placements from an impressive talent base of students interested in opportunities to assist the success of businesses in the region.
Provides carefully structured and educationally meaningful real-world experience for RWU students from a variety of majors and minors.
- The Center provides an outlet for faculty/student collaboration on project-based business problems, linking the classroom with the business community through class projects, special topics courses, and internship relationships that enable students to work closely with business owners/management in addressing the firm’s economic challenges.
- Through a variety of projects (including the creation of feasibility studies, business plans, marketing plans, accounting plans, and sponsored research) and internships, RWU students acquire valuable real-world skills, enhancing their preparation for career opportunities upon graduation.
- Students will learn how to interact with members of the business community in providing real, useable and relevant solutions to business problems.
Promotes economic development by providing fee-based programming through affordable and directly relevant seminars and workshops – customized to meet the needs of business organizations in our area.