West Coast Guide
Where is RWU?
RWU’s location in Rhode Island puts us in the heart of New England, a historic area of the country that includes Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut
We enjoy four very distinct seasons
Easy and close access to all types of terrain and settings:
- beaches and lakes for watersports
- nature parks and trails for hiking and biking
- major cities with vibrant cultures, and tons to explore
- Providence, at about 30 minutes northwest of the Bristol campus, and Boston, about an hour north, are the closest major cities
- New York City is approximately 3.5 hours south, and accessible directly via bus, train, and air
✈️ Getting to RWU
Flights to T.F. Green Airport (PVD) currently available from locations including:
- Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, California
- Seattle and Spokane, Washington
- Portland, Oregon
We encourage you to visit RWU, if you can. A visit will give you the opportunity to explore all corners of campus with a current student who will share personal experiences and stories about the RWU community.
⚓ Experience RWU
From academic offerings to cutting-edge athletic facilities, residence halls, our top-rated dining commons and more.
With over 45 majors and more than 70 minors, we have the right program to fit your passion and prepare you for success.
⛵ Explore Bristol
The historic town that RWU calls home is filled with unique shops, waterfront dining, miles of waterfront and bike paths, and Colt State Park close by.
At RWU, we welcome interest from new students who have the passion and drive to solve problems for the community and the world. Learn more about our application process, key deadlines and dates, financial aid, and merit awards. Ask about our new $1,500 Travel Grant for enrolling 2020 students outside of the U.S. northeast. No additional application is required.