The School of Engineering, Computing and Construction Management is located in the center of RWU's campus, and is equipped with modern classrooms, seminar and discussion rooms, an auditorium, engineering and construction labs, computer labs and special project rooms. In addition, the newly opened Shawmut Design and Construction Center is special project, meeting and classroom space located in the grand entrance of the SECCM building. It houses conferences as well as hands-on group projects.
Students also have access to “Hawkworks,” a new, remote facility located in downtown Bristol that provides space for engineering design project fabrication as well as lab space for construction management courses. Architecture students also share space at "Hawkworks" leading to collaborative learning and the design build process.
Shawmut Design and Construction Center
The Shawmut Design and Construction Management Project Center serves as the geographic center for the upper division Construction Management students. Juniors and seniors study here, engage in club and competition team activities and attend and view meetings with industry professionals. The center speaks to collaborative education and practice through a state-of-the-art teleconferencing system linking our school and students with students and industry throughout the world.
Center Features include:
- Designed for flexibility and adaptability
- Glass folding wall
- Modular work stations
- Under floor power systems
- Serves as a center for construction management research and education
- State-of-the-art teleconferencing and audio-visual capability
- Dual purpose space for coursework, club and team activities meeting/seminars for construction industry executives
- Classroom supports collaborative learning
- Courses proposed for the classroom include:
- Project Management
- Project Control
- Capstone Project