Success After Graduation
In the Mario J. Gabelli School of Business (GSB), expert faculty engage students in a rigorous, hands-on curriculum that is backed by the world's highest accreditation standard for business schools. GSB prepares you with the academic knowledge and real-world experiences that will make you job-ready on day one.
RWU Equips You for a Great Career
Many 2019 GSB graduates are employed or in graduate school within 6 months of graduation.
GSB is among the 5% of business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International, the world’s largest and elite business education alliance.
Designed for GSB undergraduates, this program provides a time- and cost-efficient way to earn your MBA in only one additional year rather than the traditional two-year MBA degree programs.
Alumni Stories of Success
"At GSB, you’re getting full business knowledge – not just one area. It wasn’t just my marketing degree that got me to where I am, but my overall business experience."
ANDREA ARCHUL '16, Customer Solutions Manager at Chobani
Real-World Experience Sets Up Success
"Coming to a big accounting firm and already knowing how to work with people and navigate different software programs, those skills are crucial."
ROSALVENS SAINT JEAN '18, Tax Staff at Ernst & Young
More: Launching A Rising Career in Accounting
"The economics program developed my analytical skills by teaching me to consider all factors that can influence a variable. As an Underwriting Consultant at Aetna, I was able to apply these skills to analyze catastrophic medical risk and develop premium rates for large corporations."
ALEX CAMOSCI '15, Underwriting Consultant at Aetna, a CVS Health company
National Advertising Competition Tests Students' Skills
"Marketing is such an umbrella term and I was able to find what I truly loved through all the different types of marketing classes that they have at RWU. The marketing department really helped me find my niche."
BRIANNA SMITH '16, Communications Manager for the Town of Manchester, Conn.
Finance Students 'Actually Making Real-Time Trades'
"A lot of people are looking for experience, and you can’t get experience unless you get a job or do an internship. The RWU finance program offers both. CAFE replicates industry, so you get real-time, industry-like hands-on experience."
CARLA PUCHINI '17, Senior Analyst at Goldman Sachs
At GSB, experiential learning is at the heart of what we do. Our students gain hands-on educational experiences that prepare them for working in a dynamic, global marketplace. Every student gets the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge – because that’s what makes you ready for a great career.
Learn more about some exciting experiential-learning opportunities:
- Through the Community Partnerships Center, marketing students learn the art it takes to make a signature treat, to help take a real client’s small business to the next level.
- At GSB, students have numerous opportunities to compete in national collegiate challenges like the National Student Advertising Competition, Fed Challenge, and an analytics competition.
- In the Center for Advanced Financial Education, finance students manage real-dollar financial portfolios, totaling over a quarter-million dollars.
Cutting-Edge Labs and Resources
In addition to small class sizes and making connections with expert faculty, students get access to top-notch facilities and cutting-edge technology used in industry today.
- Students work with real-time data and the latest in financial and analytical software in the Robert F. Stoico/FirstFed Financial Services Center.
- The E. L. Wiegand Center for Advanced Financial Education (CAFE) not only looks like an analyst pod or trading floor you’d find in industry today – students in our CAFE program also manage two real-dollar portfolios in real time using an actual trading account.
- Our Bloomberg Technology Lab provides expanded access to terminals for analysis and Bloomberg certification training, which is the gold standard for jobs on Wall Street. Many of our classrooms are also equipped with Bloomberg technology, connecting classroom discussions to instant financial information.
Interested in getting an MBA? The accredited 4+1 Master of Business Administration program allows the most passionate students to earn both the B.S. and MBA degrees in just 5 years. Some features of the program include strategic thinking, problem solving, data analytics and leadership skills to thrive in a competitive business environment. A required internship and international study component provide practical, real-world experience that prepares you for a successful career anywhere in the global economy.