Investing in You
Roger Williams University delivers the highest quality education through investments in excellence in faculty, facilities and resources.
It’s our call to action to make a college education relevant, accessible and affordable. We believe the value of an education cannot be determined solely by its sticker price, rather by the quality of academic programming, its faculty, and the student experience. That's why we commit to helping families afford the RWU experience without compromising on excellence.
At RWU, we prepare our graduates to not only launch great careers, but also to lead great lives. Here’s how:
Providing an Excellent Education
- Our experiential learning guarantee promises that every qualified undergraduate, graduate and law student will receive practical, hands-on learning opportunities, while the University College meets professional learners where they are to develop and harness an already skilled workforce. By making experiential learning the cornerstone of our education, our students graduate with the skills and experiences employers need now.
- By hiring faculty members who are experts in their fields, students learn from the top thought leaders and have the opportunity to collaborate on innovative research projects.
- Unlike other institutions, 100% of our classes are taught by experienced faculty members. At RWU, you won't find yourself lost in a giant lecture hall and our professors get to know each student by name. It's our extremely personalized, community-centric approach to delivering an excellent education.
- With eight undergraduate schools of study, 11 master's programs, the state's only law school, and two campuses, we are a comprehensive university that delivers a breadth of liberal arts and professional programs. Students often combine majors and minors in liberal arts and professional studies, and have the opportunity to access expedited master's programs and dual degrees in law.
- From our backyard to abroad, we’re immersed in working with local and global communities to help solve problems that matter most to society.
- While we’re keeping costs low for students and their families, we continue to invest in state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge computing technology to ensure our students have everything they need to succeed.
- We continue to invest in financial aid for Undergraduate, Graduate, University College and Law programs. We commit over $50 million annually to institutional financial aid. For example, 98% of our Undergraduates are awarded scholarships and/or need-based financial aid.
- Our proven track record of success boasts 94% of our students employed or admitted to graduate programs within six months of graduation. Our Center for Career & Professional Development offers career exploration, industry networking events, career fairs and so much more.