The members of the Department of Instructional Design are always open to sharing the great things that are happening at RWU. Here are some of the presentations we've done.
Conference Presentations and Proceedings as well as In-House Projects
- Instructional Design Specialist Kevin O'Rourke collaborated with Foreign Language Student Chloë Knopf putting together and promoting Study Abroad In France video:
- OSHEAN Instructional Technology Group - Competency-Based Education - Considerations for the Future - August 23, 2016 - North Kingstown, RI. - Linda Beith's Presentation
- NERCOMP: Active Teaching and Learning Spaces: Design, Development, Technology, Pedagogical Uses and Outcomes-Friday, November 13, 2015 - Norwood, MA - Linda Beith's Presentation
- NERCOMP: Creating A World-Class Collaborative Environment On Your Campus - November 7, 2013 - Norwood, MA - Please see our presentation! Learning Together: Anytime, Anywhere
- NERCOMP Sakai User Group: Beyond Implementation - Sakai in Production - April 11, 2013 - Norwood, MA - Sakai: A Work In Progress
- Hosted TEDxRWULive Ideas Worth Sharing- February 27, 2013 in the Mary Tefft White Cultural Center, University Library
- NEFDC Spring Conference “Making the Technology Transparent: The Professor’s Dilemma” - June 8, 2012 - Can You Sakai? An Exploration of the Sakai Course Management System to Support Teaching and Learning
- Fulbright-Hayes Egypt closing session - February 4, 2012- Globalizing the Classroom through Technology
- GUIDE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2011 “E-learning innovative models for the integration of education, technology and research” at Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi in Rome - November 19, 2011 - Using an Open Software System (Sakai) to Develop Student Portfolios - presentation and co-author of conference proceedings paper.
- Regional NERCOMP Sakai SIG - November 10, 2011-
two presentations: Setting Sail for Open Source and E-Portfoliosand Project Collaboration in Sakai
- EDUCAUSE national conference – October 19, 2011-
Conquering a Virtual Accreditation: Transparent, Continuous Improvement
- Annual RWU Business Adjunct Faculty Meeting, September 8, 2011- Utilizing Instructional Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Annual University of Massachusetts/Boston CIT/EdTech Conference- May 12, 2011 - The Use of Quality Matters Rubrics to Assess Quality of Online Courses co-presenter.
- National Webinar– April 7, 2011 - Using Sakai to Meet Accreditation Standards co-presenter. This webinar attracted an international audience with approximately 200 participants from across the United States as well as eight countries.
- National Annual Conference of Deans of Schools of Architecture in Washington D.C. - November 11, 2010 - The Use of Electronic Portfolios for Accreditation co-presenter
- RWU Fall Faculty Conference - August 31, 2010 - Application of Systems Thinking Learning Outcomes in a Transdisciplinary General Education Program
- International webinar - May 10, 2010- Rapid Prototyping Instructional Design as a Change Management Strategy in Faculty Development for Alternative Course Delivery Options in collaboration with South African and British colleagues. Sole United States university presenter
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Northeast Section Annual Conference at Wentworth Institute of Technology - May 7, 2010 – Click-Check-Show: the use of next generation student response systems using mobile technologies and the use of e-portfolios for course and program assessment
- AAEEBL E-Portfolio Retreat, Stonehill College, Easton, MA - May 18, 2010- Co-panelist with URI colleagues on Challenges, Benefits and Implementation of E-Portfolios.
- NERCOMP LMS SIG - April 8, 2010 - Leveraging Your LMS: Beyond the Course.
- NERCOMP Mobile Technologies SIG: mLearning - Are We There Yet?- October 22, 2009 – Classroom in the Palm of Your Hand: SmartPhones and Mobile Technologies