Skip to Content
  • Bursar » Refunds

Overpayment on Bursar's Account

If your student account is overpaid, you may submit a refund request form to the Bursar's Office in person or via the web (below). Please allow two to three weeks for processing

Please take note! You may not request a refund due to pending financial aid. Your financial aid must be actual and posted to your account. To determine whether your aid is pending or actual, log into your myRWU account and select the Students tab in the upper left-hand corner. Then select Financial Information and My Statement. If your financial aid is listed on the bottom of your statement under "Estimated Pending Credits," the aid is still pending and may not be requested. Once your aid is actual and posted to your account, you will see a posting date next to the entry.

  • Web Refund Request Form
  • If financial aid is contributing toward the credit on your account, the refund process will involve certification from the Office of Financial Aid & Financial Planning.

Federal Title IV Refunds

Due to Department of Education guidelines, Roger Williams University is required to refund any Federal Title IV funds which exceed the applicable charges for the award year excluding $200.00 from a previous award year.  If you have previously signed a Federal Title IV Release form, we may also exclude all non-applicable charges for the current award year from the refund check(s).

Federal regulations prohibit Roger Williams University from holding Federal Loan proceeds in excess of 14 days from the first day of classes if the loan(s) creates a refund. Federal loans received after the semester begins will be refunded within 14 days of their receipt.

If you adjust your course schedule after you receive this refund check, you must make proper arrangements with the Bursar's Office to cover your balance.

First day of classes:

  • Fall Semester 2015
    August 26, 2015
  • Spring Semester 2016
    January 20, 2016